ETCI  
ETCI
Electro Technical Council of Ireland

Electrical Safety

Safety Videos

ETCI Fatal Accident Database

ETCI Fatal Accident Statistics

Safety Committee

Accident Details

Accident ID:17
Circumstances:A 16 years old employee was electrocuted when a copper pipe (that he was placing onto a temporary rack in the basement of Pearse House flats in Dublin) came in contact with a broken light switch and exposed wiring. He was working for a plumbing contractor at the time.
Date: January 2000
Time:
Occupation:Tradesman
Gender:Male
Age Group:Adult < 25
Indoors/Outdoors:Indoors
Site:Basement of Apartment block
Lighting:Unknown
Weather:Dry
Work Group:Alone
Supervision:Unsupervised
Safety Procedure:None
Voltage:LV (230 or 400 volts)
Location:Customer side
Equipment:light switch
Defects:Part made live
Contact:Direct
How could this accident have been prevented?Awareness of Hazard
Comment:

Back to List of Accidents