ETCI  
ETCI
Electro Technical Council of Ireland

Electrical Safety

Safety Videos

ETCI Fatal Accident Database

ETCI Fatal Accident Statistics

Safety Committee

Accident Details

Accident ID:32
Circumstances:A man was electrocuted when he made contact with bare wires connected to a socket in his house.
Date: 1995
Time:
Occupation:Householder
Gender:Male
Age Group:Adult Over 50
Indoors/Outdoors:Indoors
Site:Household
Lighting:Unknown
Weather:Unknown
Work Group:Alone
Supervision:Unsupervised
Safety Procedure:None
Voltage:LV (230 or 400 volts)
Location:Customer side
Equipment:Socket outlet
Defects:Part made live
Contact:Direct
How could this accident have been prevented?Safe system of work
Comment:

Back to List of Accidents