ETCI  
ETCI
Electro Technical Council of Ireland

Electrical Safety

Safety Videos

ETCI Fatal Accident Database

ETCI Fatal Accident Statistics

Safety Committee

Accident Details

Accident ID:42
Circumstances:A man was electrocuted when taking a shower in a bath at his home.
Date:4 June 1998
Time:
Occupation:home dweller
Gender:Male
Age Group:Teenager
Indoors/Outdoors:Indoors
Site:Household
Lighting:Unknown
Weather:Unknown
Work Group:Alone
Supervision:Unsupervised
Safety Procedure:None
Voltage:LV (230 or 400 volts)
Location:Customer side
Equipment:Fixed
Defects:Earthing ineffective
Contact:Indirect
How could this accident have been prevented?Correct wiring
Comment:Faulty wiring at adual immersion switch resulted in parts becoming live.A faulty fuseboard and inadequate bonding of pipework combined to create lethal conditions.

Back to List of Accidents