ETCI  
ETCI
Electro Technical Council of Ireland

Electrical Safety

Safety Videos

ETCI Fatal Accident Database

ETCI Fatal Accident Statistics

Safety Committee

Accident Details

Accident ID:63
Circumstances:A man was electrocuted while working on a washing machine in his own home with the lid removed.
Date: 2005
Time:
Occupation:Householder
Gender:Male
Age Group:Adult 25-50
Indoors/Outdoors:Indoors
Site:Household
Lighting:Unknown
Weather:Unknown
Work Group:Alone
Supervision:Unsupervised
Safety Procedure:Defined work procedures
Voltage:LV (230 or 400 volts)
Location:Customer side
Equipment:Washing machine
Defects:Part made live
Contact:Direct
How could this accident have been prevented?RCD
Comment:

Back to List of Accidents